To install WordPress on a Windows computer, you need to either install the XAMPP software for windows or the Wamp Server software. Both of these software allows you to install WordPress on a Windows computer locally. Today we are going to take a look into a list of steps that you need to follow to install WordPress on your Windows machine.
Steps to install WordPress on windows computers
- Download and install the XAMPP software for windows.
- Install all the components from XAMPP software including MySQL and PHPMyAdmin.
- You need to run the modules Apache and MySQL.
- You need to test that your local server is working by visiting “http://localhost/” on any web browser.
- You need to download WordPress from www.wordpress.org
- You need to unzip the WordPress package and add the WordPress files to the htdocs subfolder by navigating to within the XAMPP folder in your windows computer.
- You need to create a new folder with your desired name within htdocs where you want to install WordPress and then move the WordPress files to that folder.
- You need to create a new MySQL database with a new database username and a new database password by launching PHPMyAdmin from your XAMPP control panel.
- After you have created the database you need to configure the wp-config.php file from within the folder where you have kept your WordPress files.
- You need to update the wp-config.php file with your new database information.
- After you have completed the steps from 1 to 10 you then need to visit the link “http://localhost/foldername” where folder name represents the name of the folder within your htdocs folder where you have kept your WordPress files.
- You will be guided to an installation page after you visit the link “http://localhost/foldername” from a web browser on your Windows computer.
- You will need to choose your desired language for the WordPress website and other details like username and password and then you need to click to complete your WordPress installation on your windows computer.
After you install WordPress on your Windows machine. What’s next?
After you have installed WordPress on your Windows machine, you will be able to log in to the WordPress dashboard by following this link “http://localhost/foldername/wp-admin” with the username and password you have chosen in step 13.
After you have logged in to your WordPress dashboard, you will be able to customize, configure, and build your WordPress website according to the way you desire.